Myfugo was founded in July 2018 to help smallholder dairy farmers improve their productivity and profitability through financial inclusion and use of sensor technology to assist in health and reproductive management. Myfugo does this by helping dairy farmers purchase high-milk yielding dairy cows through asset financing which is repaid in 12 months. Access to loans allows them to meet “just in time needs” such as Veterinary, Artificial Insemination and feed costs.
Myfugo also offers scalable digital solutions including alternative score card to increase financial inclusion for the unbanked and underserved. With an aim to bolster food security, our social impact indicators include increase in milk production per cow and increased revenue per farmer.
Position: Credit Officer
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Application Deadline: 31st March 2022
Starting Date: Immediate
Type of Contract: Permanent
About the Role
The Credit Officer will facilitate lending for our clients by assessing creditworthiness and processing relevant paperwork. His/her responsibilities include preparing loan applications, evaluating clients’ financial information and calculating risk ratios. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending procedures and customer service experience.
Ultimately, you will help our clients acquire loans in a timely manner, while ensuring we comply with the law.
1. Review loan requests.
2. Assess clients’ financial status.
3. Evaluate creditworthiness and risks.
4. Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation.
5. Analyze risks and approve or reject loan requests.
6. Calculate financial ratios (e.g. credit scores and interest rates).
7. Set up payment plans.
8. Maintain updated records of loan applications.
9. Follow up with clients about loan renewals.
10. Monitor progress of existing loans.
1. Proven work experience as a Credit Supervisor, Loan Officer or similar role.
2. Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products.
3. Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets.
4. Strong analytical skills.
5. Customer service experience.
6. Diploma/BSc in Banking and Finance, Economics or related field
How to Apply
Send your CV and accompanying documentation in soft copy with the heading
Application for Credit Supervisor
The Human Resource Manager,
Myfugo Innovations Limited,
P.O. Box 0723316779-00502, Kenya