Myfugo was founded in July 2018 to help smallholder dairy farmers improve their productivity and profitability through financial inclusion and use of sensor technology to assist in health and reproductive management. Myfugo does this by helping dairy farmers purchase high-milk yielding dairy cows through asset financing which is repaid in 12 months. Access to loans allows them to meet “just in time needs” such as Veterinary, Artificial Insemination and feed costs.
Myfugo also offers scalable digital solutions including alternative score card to increase financial inclusion for the unbanked and underserved. With an aim to bolster food security, our social impact indicators include increase in milk production per cow and increased revenue per farmer.
Position: Credit Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 30th June 2022
Starting Date: Immediate
Type of Contract: Permanent
About the Role
The Accountant will manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to
bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank
statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have
previous experience with bookkeeping and a keenness for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and
cash flows of our business, while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations.
1. Manage all accounting transactions.
2. Prepare budget forecasts.
3. Publish financial statements in time.
4. Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
5. Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
6. Ensure timely bank payments.
7. Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
8. Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
9. Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
10. Audit financial transactions and documents.
11. Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
12. Comply with financial policies and regulations.
1. Work experience as an Accountant.
2. Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
3. Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks.
4. Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
5. Experience with general ledger functions.
6. Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
7. BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
8. Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus.
How to Apply
Send your CV and accompanying documentation in soft copy with the heading Application for an Accountant
The Human Resource Manager,
Myfugo Innovations Limited,
P.O. Box 0723316779-00502, Kenya